Reservations are best made by telephone: +32 (0)3/449.88.00. We can then check immediately exactly which vehicles are available and whether you fulfil all the necessary requirements.
– For most vehicles, this can be done until the day beforehand, and sometimes even on the day itself.
– The exception is for light trucks on the weekend, when you should make your reservation a few days in advance.
– We advise you to make reservations a few months in advance if you need to hire minibuses during the school vacations. As these vehicles are mostly used for groups, the planning and reservations are usually made months in advance. Reservations for minibuses cannot be cancelled.
– 1 day is 24 hours, with pick up and return between 08.00 on Monday and 18.00 on Friday.
– Weekend rates: Between Friday 18.00 and Monday 08.00.
– One week is 7 days.
– Dag (Mon-Fri ) 08.00 – 17.00; ½ day (Mon-Fri) 08.00-12.00 or 13.00-17.00; Night (Mon-Thu) 18.00-08.00h;
– Saturday: Fri 18.00-Sat 17.00; Sunday: Sat 17.00-Mon 08.00.
Our agencies are closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
It is possible to return vehicles during the weekend.
When collecting your hire vehicle, instructions will be given, explaining what you need to do with the vehicle, the papers and the keys. Vehicles will then be checked on Monday morning or the morning following a public holiday, and the invoices calculated. Light trucks hired for Saturday or Sunday can be returned between 16.00 and 18.00 or collected from staff at the petrol station. This must be arranged in advance, to ensure you are given the necessary papers and contracts.
Hirer / Driver must be at least 23 years old.
(Warning: Under 23 years, the vehicles are not insured!!!)
Upon collection of a vehicle, we need:
– Official proof of identity with a clear, legible and valid address. Only Belgian Identity cards with chips which are able to be read with a card-reader are accepted.
– A full licence that is valid for at least one year. All our vehicles can be driven on a Licence Type B (a normal car licence). A maximum of 8 + 1 people are allowed in light trucks, with the maximum combined weight permitted (vehicle and load) not exceeding 3,500 kg.
– Deposit: Credit cards such as VISA or Mastercard. Authorisation will need to be made for the vehicle rental hire and any further costs incurred during the hire period. (Remember: Maestro and Bancontact are not credit cards!) The cardholder must sign personally.
Fuel: is not included in the hire price. You leave with a full tank of fuel. You are expected to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. Should you fail to do so, you will be responsible for the costs of filling the tank.
When you are using the vehicle to travel outside Belgium, you are required to clearly report this in advance. When you fail to report this and travel outside Belgium, the vehicle engine will not start and you will be responsible for all costs associated with the return of the vehicle.
Vehicles are not permitted to be driven outside the borders of the old European Community (in other words, not to Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, etc.)
In Belgium, assistance is provided in the case of engine difficulties. There is no assistance provided for lost keys, filling with the incorrect fuel, or for flat tyres. If you are travelling with the vehicle outside Belgium, we advise you to take travel assistance insurance for the vehicle.
A European Collision Form must always be filled out. Police may make their own official police reports. If we are able to surmise from the Collision Form, signed by both parties, that you are not at fault, you do not pay any costs. In all other cases, the associated costs will be calculated and, possibly under the directions of a court of law, you will be required pay all relevant costs.